Horse girls. There are a lot of us out there. We can be called crazy, different and slightly obsessed. But, here’s the deal. We really do not care what some people may think of us because one thing is for certain. We love horses and nothing is going to change that.
For many of us, horses have been a part of our lives for as long as we can remember. (A lot longer than any guy that is for sure.) Our lives revolve around the equine species. Countless hours have been spent and devoted to them which has made an influence on the type of person we have become. Horses are our passion and will always have a part in our lives.
Whether we use our horses to make a living or for recreation/fun, it must be understood that they have an utmost level of significance on our daily lives. We love them and they love us developing a special bond that cannot truly be explained.
So, are you still interested in dating a horse girl? Here are 10 pieces of advice that you need to be made aware of.
1. Let’s first state the obvious. If you are not a fan of horses, then chances are you will probably not be a good match for a horse girl. Let’s face it. When you date a girl who loves horses, chances are you are going to be spending some time around – you guessed it – HORSES!
2. Horse girls devote a lot of time to horses so you cannot get overly jealous. We will go riding whenever we can, we enjoy going to equine events, we will travel to shows and/or other equine events, and we like just simply spending time with our four-legged babies. You must accept the fact that horses takes us to a level of happy that nothing else can.
3. We have a horse (or horses) that mean the world to us. We trust them with our lives and have a special connection with them. The saying of “Love Me, Love My Horse” is definitely something you need to remember. And whatever you do – don’t ever, ever suggest getting rid of that horse no matter what the situation.
4. Our horses are our pride and joys. We constantly talk about them and how awesome they are, we post pictures of them more than anything else, they are usually the background of our phones and desktops, etc. Don’t get annoyed. Instead, be a good guy and praise that horse too :)
5. Horses are expensive. Just like how you have your expensive hobby (truck/car, hunting, fishing, etc.), we spend our extra money on our horses. They need to eat and have a comfortable/safe place to stay. They require a mode of transportation. They need shoes, vaccinations, vet care, and the list goes on. Plus, good tack and equipment is required. So just be aware, that they do cost a lot of money and in many cases, that is where a lot of our hard earned money is spent. (With no regrets may I add)
6. I will be the first to admit that we want our horses to look good and be equipped with the best tack possible. (For safety and appearance reasons.) We look through catalogs a lot, browse online and visit tack shops pretty regularly. Truth is, we spend more money on accessories for our horses than we do on ourselves in many cases.
7. While we are on the subject of these accessories, here is a little nice tidbit of advice for you. Yes, we are like any other girls and enjoy flowers, chocolates and other sweet, thoughtful gifts. However, if your really want to sweep us off our feet, get us something related to our horse. I can assure you that you cannot go wrong with that! (You can thank me later.)
8. Even if you have never ridden a horse or been around them much, you will need to accept the fact that if you date a horse girl, this will probably change. You see, we really like it when you are willing to go ride with us and WANT to follow us at our shows, performances, competitions, etc. And when you do go with us to these events? Do not be a grump. If you really like us, you will be happy to be spending time with us while we are doing something that makes us so happy. Show up, be happy and shoot, even be willing to give us a helping hand. Trust me, it will mean more to us than you will ever know!
9. Hopefully, you are not scared off yet. :) Dating a horse girl does have some perks as a matter of fact. Owning horses teaches us responsibility, which we all know is a very good attribute. Horses teach us areas of our own selves that we need to improve on. (In my case – patience, slow to anger just to name a few.) Plus, we can lift 50 lb. bags of feed and haul hay bales around. We know what it means to work hard. Plus, it is pretty cool that we can handle 1,000 + pound animals and teach them to do pretty awesome things.
10. So, now I am going to be super blunt. If you are thinking of a long-term relationship with a girl who loves horses, here is the deal. Horses will always be there. What does this mean/require? A house with a barn and acreage. A truck and trailer. We are always going to want to have horses in our lives. They make us who we are and truly make us happy. And if kids ever come along, guess what? Chances are, they will have an interest in horses too and the cycle begins all over again. :)
Whew, this is probably a lot to take in for some. This was not intended to scare you off, but to just give you a small insight into a horse girl’s world. (And what a wonderful world that is!) Plus, if you are fortunate enough to date a horse girl, you now have been equipped with some tips that can really act in your favor – again, you can thank me later!
Truth of the matter is, there are no other girls like us. We are one-of-a-kind. If you can handle the love we have for our horses, then you will be in for the ride of your life.
Until next time…